For more than three decades, Waller has worked with ambulatory surgery centers on acquisition, development, regulatory and syndication matters. From private offerings to physician investors to high-profile corporate-level M&A transactions, Waller has played an integral role in shaping the ambulatory surgery market.
- In 2014 and 2015, Waller has served as counsel in closing acquisitions for three of the four largest ASC management and development companies.
- Since the early 1980s, Waller has acquired, developed and syndicated hundreds of ASCs for many of the industry’s biggest players.
- Waller has represented a number of other, smaller ASC management and development companies in their M&A, de novo development and syndication programs.
- In addition to the acquisition and development work that has been the lifeblood of these companies, Waller has handled much of the day-to-day, center-level legal issues including regulatory and licensure matters; advising on accreditation and survey issues; interpreting, enforcing and amending partnership/operating agreements; advising on internal and government investigations; litigating disputes with partners / former partners; establishing and defending fair market value (FMV) compensation; and labor and employment related services.
- Waller has handled real estate aspects of all types of ASC transactions, including regulatory issues relating to real estate transactions that are often relevant in ASC deals.
- Waller has handled important corporate financing events for ASC companies, including public and private offerings of equity and debt, credit facilities and equipment leasing arrangements.
- Waller partners are frequent speakers at industry conferences on legal and business issues facing ASCs.