Crowded emergency rooms and the shortage of primary care physicians are two reasons attributed to the rapid growth of urgent care centers throughout the country. An estimated three million patients visit urgent care centers each week and hundreds of new urgent care facilities are opened each year. Healthcare providers focusing on this emerging sector of the industry are turning to Waller for assistance with the acquisition of existing urgent care centers as well as the development of new facilities. Our experience in the urgent care sector includes:
- Representation of a privately held urgent care company in securing financing through venture capital investors.
- Lead counsel to a publicly traded health system in the formation of a joint venture with an urgent care company to acquire and operate urgent care centers in a three-state region, including the simultaneous acquisition of seven urgent care centers.
- Representation of a NYSE-listed hospital company in the development of new urgent care facilities.
- Real estate counsel in leasing and property acquisitions for the development of new urgent care facilities
- Representation of a NYSE-listed healthcare company in its $145 million acquisition of a physician practice management company, which managed seven urgent care centers in Texas, New York and Pennsylvania.
- Healthcare regulatory advice on issues such as the licensure, corporate practice of medicine, Stark and anti-kickback compliance and Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement.