Wireless communication has a significant social, cultural and economic impact on modern society. Primarily served by Waller’s Real Estate group, our wireless telecommunications clients are represented across practice areas, served also by our litigation, tax, government relations, labor and employment, intellectual property and corporate attorneys. Working together, our attorneys provide comprehensive legal services that best suit the client's overall goals.
Waller attorneys have represented wireless telecommunications carriers in network real estate and land use matters for over 20 years. During the early development of wireless telecommunication networks in the early 1990's, Waller attorneys were retained to negotiate cell site lease and purchase arrangements for the initial build-out of network rings in major metropolitan areas throughout Tennessee. Waller attorneys also represented carriers in procuring essential land use and zoning approvals necessary for the permitting of the initial build-out.
As wireless telecommunications has continued to grow and evolve into an essential part of mainstream communications, Waller has remained at the forefront of the industry. Today, wireless telecommunications clients look to Waller’s team to handle a variety of matters, including:
- Network collocation and new build real estate matters, including environmental and land use/zoning matters (clients in 10 states represented)
- Negotiation of master leases with regional tower companies, in mobile telephone switching office (MTSO) development projects, and in governmental relations matters pertaining to state and local legislation affecting cell site permitting
- Negotiation of in-building licenses and master agreements, distributed antenna system (DAS) arrangements and tower portfolio acquisition and disposition transactions
Since 2002, Waller attorneys have represented clients in the real estate aspects of wireless telecommunications merger, acquisition and divestiture transactions involving over 6,000 cell sites across the country. Our involvement in market acquisition and disposition transactions includes:
- Handling all aspects of environmental due diligence
- Performing cell site and office lease review
- Overseeing the solicitation and negotiation of third party consents
- Negotiating the real estate terms and conditions of -- and the real estate documentation associated with the closing of -- the transactions
- Assisting with the post-closing integration of newly-acquired assets into the client’s existing portfolios