Blake Roth practices in the areas of commercial reorganization and bankruptcy litigation, representing chapter 11 debtors in possession, chapter 11 trustees, court-appointed receivers, assignees for the benefit of creditors, creditors’ committees, secured creditors, and other parties in interest in all aspects of bankruptcy and other areas of commercial reorganization. He also practices in the area of commercial litigation, representing equipment lessors, lenders, and other parties in commercial disputes.
Blake is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and Turnaround Management, Association, and serves on the Board of the Tennessee chapter of the Turnaround Management Association. He is also AV Preeminent rated by Martindale-Hubbell in the areas of bankruptcy and commercial litigation.
Examples of Blake’s representations include:
- Official committee of unsecured creditors in various chapter 11 cases
- Liquidating trustees in various chapter 11 cases
- Prosecution of fraudulent transfer and preference actions on behalf of official committees and trustees
- Claims litigation on behalf of creditors, debtors, and official committees
- Secured lenders in all aspects of chapter 7, 11, and 13 proceedings
- Defense of fraudulent transfer and preference actions
- Court-appointed receivers in connection with the sale of assets and administration of insolvent estates
- Indenture Trustees with respect to bond defaults and bankruptcy proceedings
- Assignees in assignments for the benefit of creditors
- Equipment lessors in enforcement and recovery actions
- Business owners in business “divorces”
- Lenders and borrowers in out-of-court workouts or general commercial litigation