Daniel Patten advises healthcare facilities, physician practices, health systems, behavioral health services providers and health plans on a wide range of regulatory compliance issues related to day-to-day operations as well as mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and other transactional matters. Daniel provides counsel to clients ranging from private and public corporations to private equity investors and commercial lending groups. His experience includes:
- Federal Stark and anti-kickback laws as well as state fraud and abuse laws related to physician and facility contracts
- HIPAA and state patient privacy regulations
- Professional licensing requirements
- Medicare/Medicaid enrollment and revalidation
- Medicare conditions of participation
- Change of ownership filings
Additionally, Daniel helps healthcare clients navigate state managed care requirements for health plan and provider contracts.