Public and private organizations alike look to Jon Gaston for counsel on a wide range of federal and state tax transactional issues related to tax planning, structuring mergers and acquisitions, business formations, dispositions, and other restructurings. Clients benefit from Jon's accounting background—he understands business and is able to see the "whole picture" from the client's perspective.
Clients that seek Jon's advice and counsel include:
- Limited Liability Companies (LLCs)
- S corporations
- Tax-exempt and non-profit organizations
Non-profit corporations regularly seek guidance from Jon when navigating unfamiliar tax-exempt matters and taxation issues peculiar to Tennessee. Tax-exempt and non-profit organizations seek counsel in relation to a wide range of matters including:
- Formation and obtaining tax-exempt status
- International and cross border grant making
- Regulatory compliance and maintaining tax-exempt status
- State and local taxation
Jon also represents clients before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and state tax authorities in audits, appeals, and obtaining letter rulings.
- 2017 Mid-South Rising Star - Super Lawyer