When technology and software companies require an attorney to represent them in the negotiation of software and patent licenses—particularly related to the healthcare industry— they contact Justin McNaughton. He also assists in the registration, maintenance, and protection of patents and trademarks in the U.S. and abroad.
Clients also rely on Justin to:
- Investigate and analyze rights in trademarks, patents, copyrights, trade secrets, and Internet domain names as part of the purchase or sale of a business
- Assist in resolving patent and software disputes
- Provide counsel with respect to open source software issues, software ownership issues, and other professional services
- Negotiate pharmaceutical product purchasing agreements, technology licenses and transfer agreements
- Handle Internet domain name disputes through arbitration before the World Intellectual Property Organization
- Conduct trademark opposition proceedings before the U.S. Trademark Trial and Appeal Board