Employers in a wide range of industries—including healthcare, retail, and telecommunications—consult Coe Heard regarding all areas of employment law. Coe regularly assists clients in the review of human resources practices to help ensure that corporate employment policies comply with federal and state law.
In addition, she defends clients against allegations of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation, including lawsuits brought under the following:
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Tennessee Human Rights Act
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
Coe recently obtained the dismissal of a Section 1983 civil rights lawsuit alleging violations of the Fourth, Eighth and Fourteenth Amendments, and also secured a voluntary non-suit from a plaintiff alleging retaliatory discharge against a healthcare provider.