Banks, specialty lenders, healthcare companies, and indenture trustees trust Katie Stenberg for representation in financial transactions, corporate reorganizations, bankruptcy proceedings, and state and federal court litigation. Katie provides counsel to clients in a variety of industries – including healthcare, senior living, technology, manufacturing and logistics – regarding a wide range of matters, such as:
- Acquisition financing
- Asset-based lending
- Debtor-in-possession financing
- Real Estate lending
- Corporate restructurings and workouts, bankruptcy and commercial transactions
- Defaulted bond issues, corporate trust administration
- Acquisitions of distressed healthcare assets, buy and sell side, in and out bankruptcy
- Commercial litigation, federal court receiverships
Katie serves as a member of Waller’s Board of Directors and is the former leader of the firm’s Finance and Restructuring practice. During her tenure as Waller’s Finance and Restructuring practice leader, the firm served as counsel to indenture trustees in the two largest municipal bankruptcies in U.S. history – the City of Detroit and Jefferson County, Alabama.
Honors and Recognitions
Katie was honored as Banking Lawyer of the Year in the 2016 Women in Law Awards, and she has been recognized in Chambers USA for her work in bankruptcy and litigation. Additionally, she has been profiled as a “Female Powerbroker” by Law 360. And recently been listed as a 2017 Mid- South Rising Star by Super Lawyer.