For over 30 years, a variety of businesses from manufacturers to financial institutions have sought counsel from Larry Childs regarding a diverse range of matters. Skilled in handling complex litigation, whether resolved through a workout, arbitration, or trial, Larry adopts the strategy of “relentlessness in the pursuit of excellence.” He strives to meet the client’s goals by laying out a success strategy at the earliest stage of a conflict.
Larry’s focused strategic planning at the first signs of a crisis or dispute assures clients that their ultimate goals are top of mind. Long-term relationships with clients, spanning decades in many cases, make possible Larry’s vision of being a true member of the client’s team.
Although representing financial institutions is the principal focus of his practice, over his distinguished litigation career, Larry has “done it all.” From cases involving consumer class actions to industrial accidents to criminal allegations against company executives, he is a generalist in the greatest sense of the word—a thought leader able to combine ideas from diverse fields to achieve creative results. Recently, Larry led Waller’s litigation team in the Jefferson County, Alabama matter--one of the largest municipal bankruptcy cases in American history.
Larry maintains a diverse portfolio of cases, including:
- Bookkeeper embezzlement cases
- Cases under the Uniform Commercial Code
- Lender liability suits
- Lending discrimination claims
- Personal and corporate trust matters
- Regulatory claims
- Securities and ERISA class actions
- Shareholder derivative lawsuits
- TARP-related claims
Honors and Recognitions
- Leading attorney in commercial litigation by Chambers USA
- 2017 Mid-South Super Lawyer
- Best Lawyers recognizes Larry as a leading attorney in four areas:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Banking & Finance
- Litigation – Construction