Boards of directors, trustees, senior management and audit committees of public and private for-profit corporations and not-for-profit organizations rely on Waller’s corporate governance attorneys for guidance and strategic planning. Our corporate governance practice reflects a multi-disciplinary approach that includes attorneys experienced in a wide range of legal disciplines, including securities law and regulation, mergers and acquisitions, banking law and regulation, corporate finance, corporate restructuring, white collar criminal defense, employment law and executive compensation.
Well before the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 made the demands of corporate governance more complex, Waller’s corporate practiced established itself as a go-to firm for corporate officers and directors seeking advice on best practices. As Sarbanes-Oxley, the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ implemented stricter corporate governance rules and regulations, Waller stayed in step with the changes and maintained its reputation as a leading corporate group.
Corporate clients rely on our team for a variety of matters, including:
- Formation of corporations, partnerships and limited liability companies, including preparation of organizational documents and agreements among investors
- Review and preparation of operational contracts
- Compliance and ethics programs tailored to individual company needs
- Training programs for executives, board members, and employees to help ensure compliance with corporate governance regulations, exchange listing requirements and company policies
- Counsel for Special Committees of Boards of Directors on pressing matters and issues
- Employment, non-compete and confidentiality agreements
- Bonus plans, stock incentive plans, and other current and deferred compensation plans
- Franchise and other distribution agreements
- Long term supply and sales agreements
- Disclosure controls and procedures
- D&O liability insurance policy coverage
- Document retention and destruction policies and procedures