Businesses today face an environment in which regulatory issues can quickly spiral into government investigations or enforcement actions. Waller's seasoned attorneys help clients respond to government inquiries with strategies aimed at minimizing—or completely avoiding— penalties, negative publicity and disruptions to core business operations. We have successfully represented publicly traded corporations, privately owned businesses, boards of directors, and individual executives in criminal, civil and administrative investigations and prosecutions.
Like investigations, unexpected crises can take many forms and can quickly shift management’s focus from business goals to damage control. Waller attorneys are highly skilled in crisis management and avoidance. Combining our experience in government, politics, and the media with our demonstrated legal skills, we are uniquely qualified to be strategic advisors in any crisis. This same experience also allows us to provide advice and counsel in the planning and implementing crisis-avoidance strategies. We strive to handle investigations and crises in manner that is aligned with each client's business objectives.
Clients choose us for our:
- Extensive experience conducting internal investigations and providing counsel regarding corporate compliance and defending enforcement action
- Experience with regulatory and enforcement agencies and congressional investigations
- Multi-disciplinary approach seamlessly incorporating attorneys from other practice areas to ensure clients benefit from the breadth and depth of the firm's collective expertise
- Ability to steer clients through any crisis, enabling management to maintain their focus on their business objectives, and the bottom line
- Determined but personable approach
Clients appreciate that in a time of crisis, our confident, yet approachable style instills a level of personal comfort that complements our formidable background and experience.
Waller’s government investigations and crisis management attorneys:
- Have over 100 years of experience representing clients and resolving disputes
- Include a former U.S. Attorney General, a former Tennessee State Attorney General, and several former Assistant U.S. Attorneys
- Frequently represent clients in government investigations by the Department of Justice, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Inspector General, and state Attorneys General
- Are recognized annually by Best Lawyers and Chambers USA