As dedicated corporate advocates, Waller attorneys draw from their experience handling high-stakes government investigations to resolve Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) issues for our clients. Prosecutions under the FCPA have skyrocketed in the last several years as the Justice Department has trained its sights on incarcerating individuals who make corrupt payments to foreign officials in exchange for securing a competitive business advantage.
In order to educate and, when necessary, defend our clients with international operations or interests, we have developed a thorough and nuanced understanding of the FCPA and how it is being applied.
Clients involved in international transactions and facing a government investigation or inquiry related to the FCPA benefit from our insider's perspective on how to avoid potentially catastrophic outcomes. Our meticulous attention to detail, and sincere interest in the success of our clients’ business, is reflected in our success rate.
Our attorneys provide the following services:
- Ensure internal controls are sufficient
- Implement and audit compliance programs
- Conduct internal investigations
- Provide advice regarding disclosures to government officials
- Represent clients in Justice Department, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and other investigations