Healthcare employers have a unique set of legal needs, and Waller has assembled a diverse and talented group of lawyers who are dedicated to understanding the healthcare industry and serving the labor and employment needs of healthcare organizations locally, regionally and nationally. Our lawyers understand the industry specific characteristics of healthcare employers including the relationships between administration, employees and medical staff as well as the sensitivity toward the healthcare industry’s complex regulatory environment and Joint Commission and other accrediting requirements.
We view each client relationship as a partnership that is defined by our clients’ needs and designed to assist our clients in meeting their business goals. We recognize that not all matters limit themselves to the same analysis or the same approach. We address each matter on the front end with the client to identify its objective, then tailor our advice and our service to reach that objective in the most effective and efficient manner. We provide practical, common sense advice focusing on cost-effective and practical solutions. In addition, recognizing the 24/7 nature of the healthcare industry, we are available to our clients whenever they need us.
- Employers across the full spectrum of the healthcare industry value our assistance
- Litigating labor and employment disputes before the EEOC, the NLRB, the Department of Labor and trying cases in federal and state courts nationwide
- Assisting in maintaining a union-free environment
- Ensuring that pay practices comply with the FLSA and state law requirements
- Implementing enforceable non-competition agreements
- Creating practical and cost-effective drug-free workplace policies
- Advising and counseling on successful discipline and termination procedures
- Advising and counseling on employment relations issues
- Solving immigration problems in key areas of personnel recruitment
- Reviewing policies, procedures and handbooks and making recommendations where appropriate
- Tailoring training materials for client specific needs