In order to serve as valued business partners to our clients, Waller attorneys immerse themselves in employers' businesses, helping them proactively develop a strategy of checks and balances to minimize labor and employment disputes and conflicts. When issues arise, we analyze and discuss each matter with you to develop an understanding of your objectives. Our priority is to tailor our advice and service to achieve your goals effectively and efficiently—all while fostering a productive workplace, minimizing disruption to business, and reducing the legal exposure of day-to-day employment decisions.
At Waller, a diverse blend of attorneys focuses solely on employment issues for employers nationwide. We provide advice and counsel on matters involving:
As a value-add for our clients, we also provide regular updates on the ever-changing range of issues in labor and employment law as well as in-house training programs and traveling seminars focused on delivering relevant, topical information.
Clients choose Waller for our:
- Practical, usable advice
- Ability to help employers resolve issues before reaching the courtroom
- Experience providing advice on operational matters
- Practice of making your objective our singular focus
- Have successfully defended public and private companies against single plaintiff, multi-plaintiff, and class action lawsuits in a wide range of industries throughout the country
- Represent employers in disputes before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Department of Justice (DOJ) and other federal, state and local agencies
When it comes to labor and employment, employers seeking expert and unbiased investigation of internal allegations turn to Waller. Responsive, efficient, and creative, our attorneys strive to solve internal issues with minimal impact on the business. Whether addressing discrimination, harassment or other issues, Waller has both insight and experience on handling crises.
Several of our seasoned Labor & Employment attorneys also serve on our crisis management and avoidance group, which helps clients manage and avoid business crises by providing a frank assessment of the company’s ability to wage a successful campaign. Using an integrated approach that addresses legal, political, business, and public relations issues, we develop strategies and tactics to create a consistent message focused on both short-term challenges and long-term goals.
Waller clients often turn to us for counsel regarding business operations involving union labor. In addition to providing counsel on union-specific rules and regulations, we strive to develop effective training programs on topics ranging from wage and hour regulations, to sexual harassment, discrimination and dealing with difficult employees.
In addition, we assist clients in drafting employment contracts, policies and manuals, including:
- Arbitration agreements
- Drug and alcohol testing policies
- Employee handbooks
- Leave policies
- Non-competition agreements and separation agreements
- Work rules