Attorneys and clients with complex litigation matters rely on Waller's e-discovery team to assess the costs and risks associated with e-discovery and data management.
Data management capabilities:
- Design customized records management and retention policies based upon industry standards and governmental statutes and regulations
- Assist with implementation of systems and policies and train management and employees on best practices
- Audit systems to identify potential weaknesses and non-compliance
- Design customized litigation readiness and response plan based on specific needs and litigation profile
E-discovery services provided:
- Manage document preservation, collection, review and production in litigation and government investigations
- Identify relevant custodians, draft litigation hold, and implement hold
- Conduct Rule 26(f) conferences related to e-discovery and customize plan to avoid surprises and costs
- Assess needs and customize e-discovery plan including search and review procedures based on costs and risks
- Identify and assist in evaluating available technologies to manage time and cost
- Prepare and respond to motions to compel and for sanctions
- Address data privacy concerns including counseling on cross-border discovery issues such as the EU Data Protection Directive
Waller's e-discovery chair and legal technology director are participating members of the Sedona Conference Working Group on E-discovery and The Electronic Discovery Reference Model Working Group.