A partner companies can trust in dealing with labor concerns
A broad range of companies - from some of the world's largest employers in manufacturing, healthcare, transportation, retail, as well as various hospitality companies, start-up companies and family-owned businesses - rely on Marcus Crider to defend them in labor and employment matters.
Clients form a strategic partnership with Marcus to make decisions to avoid litigation and regulatory agency actions. Marcus' former experience as a federal Judicial Clerk has provided him with insight into the inner workings and processes of the court system, and what makes a difference in judicial decision-making and the resulting outcomes.
Marcus' experience includes:
- Numerous federal jury trials involving alleged violations of Title VII, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), and common law retaliation
- Defending litigated matters ranging from complex multi-plaintiff claims involving the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Department of Labor (DOL),Â the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) and the National Labor Relations Board
- Assisting companies with traditional labor matters including contract negotiation, labor disputes, and over fifty arbitration cases involving contract interpretation and employee discipline
- Assisting companies of all sizes in non-compete and related business litigation, including negotiation and drafting of employment agreements
Get To Know Marcus
Marcus and his family enjoy traveling, sports and outdoor activities of all kinds.Â Marcus has also completed several marathons and overnight relay races with his partners at Waller.
Marcus' Related Experience
- J.D., University of Arkansas, 1996
- National Trial Advocacy Competition
- Best Oralist - Spring Moot Court Competition
- B.A., Northwestern Louisiana State University, Psychology, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth and Eighth Circuits
- U.S. District Court, All Districts in Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, All Districts in Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Labor & Employment (Tennessee), 2008-2020
The Best Lawyers in America© (BL Rankings)
- Employment Law - Management, 2014-2021
- Labor Law - Management, 2015-2021
- Litigation - Labor and Employment, 2014-2021
Mid-South Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters)
- Employment & Labor, 2012-2019
- Member, Nashville, Tennessee and Arkansas and Bar Associations
- Member, Human Resources Committee of the Tennessee Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Board Member, Tennessee Hospitality Association
- Past Chair, Employment Law & Civil Rights Committee of the Nashville Bar Association
- Frequent lecturer on various labor and employment law issues
- Past President, Middle Tennessee Chapter of the University of Arkansas Alumni Association
- Member, Woodmont Christian Church
Read Marcus' News & Insights
We want to hear from you.
Whether a current or prospective client, we are here to help your business thrive. Please send us a message and we will respond to your needs as soon as possible.