Chambers-designated corporate partner serving as Waller's Chair
Matt Burnstein is the Chair of the Firm, having been elected by the partnership in 2014. In this role, Matt focuses on driving the firm's growth, vision and strategic planning.
Matt enjoys facilitating deals and balances his leadership role with advising on select legal matters. While practicing law, he advises healthcare companies, private equity and venture capital funds, and emerging companies. Clients cite Matt's instincts and experience, his understanding of priorities and strategic objectives, and his determination to get deals done. Responsive and sensitive to client business needs, Matt works effectively with opposing counsel to keep transactions on track.
Representative clients include:
- Hospitals and health systems doing acquisitions, divestitures, and joint ventures
- Private equity funds buying and selling platform companies, and those companies making bolt-on acquisitions
- Emerging businesses and venture capital firms
- Ambulatory surgery
- Behavioral healthcare
- National research university
Representative experience includes:
- Represented a leading ambulatory surgery center company in dozens of acquisitions, developments and syndications of LLCs and limited partnerships in joint ventures with physicians and/or hospitals
- Represented two publicly traded behavioral healthcare services companies in all aspects of their mergers and acquisitions programs, including a $250 million acquisition, a $145 million acquisition, the $70 million disposition of a non-core business and multiple single-facility acquisitions
- Advised an acute care hospital company in the acquisition of large physician practices and independent physicians associations and the formation of multiple joint ventures with technology providers and ancillary service line providers
- Represented a payment processing company from inception to its sale for $55 million
- Handled more than 100 private placements on behalf of investors and issuers