Creative, entrepreneurial and experienced
Business and community leaders have turned to Chase Cole for advice and counsel throughout his distinguished legal career. Matching the entrepreneurial drive and commitment of clients in both the public and private sectors, Chase is known and respected for his creativity, insight and ability to get things done. He has deep experience in Securities and M&A transactions with excellent board and management communication skills and an entrepreneurial focus.
Senior leadership and boards of directors in a wide range of industries – such as healthcare, financial services, manufacturing, sports and entertainment, food and beverage - seek Chase's counsel on corporate governance and compliance with regulatory and listing requirements. He also represents these companies in mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, securities offerings, board and committee work and SEC reporting.
In addition, Chase has lots of experience serving as the firm’s point person for its “outsourced general counsel” service to both public and private companies that find him to be a trusted advisor who can knowledgably coordinate the resources of Waller’s full-service practice.
Another aspect of Chase’s experience is mediating private company governance and ownership disputes and deadlocks, often in his role corporate general counsel. His focus on this area of practice is unique in the Middle Tennessee market place.
Chambers USA described Chase as "a leading figure in the market ... famed for his work in public offerings."
Chase's Related Experience
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School, 1979
- A.B., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1976
- Corporate/M&A (Tennessee), 2003-2021
The Best Lawyers in America© (BL Rankings), 2019
- Lawyer of the Year - Corporate Law (Nashville)
The Best Lawyers in America© (BL Rankings)
- Corporate Law, 2006-2022
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2007-2022
Mid-South Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters)
- Securities and Corporate Finance, 2006-2020
- Member, National Association of Corporate Directors
- Past Chair, Board of Directors and former Tennessee Chair, Society of International Business Fellows (Spirit of SIBF Award, 2014)
- Member, Executive Committee
- Member, American Bar Association Committees on Corporate Governance, Mergers and Acquisitions, Federal Regulation of Securities, Corporate Governance, Private Equity and Venture Capital and Legal Opinions
- Past Member, Tennessee Bar Association Corporate Law Revision Committee
- Leader, Waller SPAC Team
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Nashville Bar Foundation
- Former Chairman, Community Relations and Corporate and Commercial Practice Committees of the Nashville Bar Association
- Chair, 2002 Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee Annual Campaign
- Past Member, Vanderbilt University Law School Alumni Board
- Past Member, Board of Directors of the Nashville Capital Network
- Co-Chair, Host Committee ABA Section of Business Law 2005 Spring Meeting
- Guest Lecturer on Public Offerings, Vanderbilt Owen Graduate School of Management Entrepreneurship Program
- Member, Steering Committee, Hospitality and Retail Practice Group
- Past Member and Dean's Council, Vanderbilt University Law School Alumni Board
- Tocqueville Cabinet, United Way
- Co-Chair, Fundraising, 2022 US National Figure Skating Championships
- Member, Finance Advisory Committee, Music City Baseball
- Founder and Chairman, briteheart.org
- Founder, Director and Past Chairman, Nashville Sports Council
- Former Chairman, Board of Commissioners, Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency
- Gubernatorial appointee to Tennessee Performing Arts Center Management Corporation Board of Directors; Past Chairman of the Board
- Member, Leadership Nashville Class of 1998-99
- Past member, Montgomery Bell Academy Alumni Board
- Chairman, 1997 U.S. Figure Skating Championships, Inc.
- Past President, Alcohol and Drug Council of Middle Tennessee
- Member, Nashville Mayor Bill Purcell's transition team
- Chair, 2001 Nashville Women's Political Caucus Committee of Men Who Believe in Women
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce Outstanding Volunteer of the Year for the Convention and Visitors Bureau, 1992, 1993 and 1999
- Frequent member of the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce's Inter-City Visit Delegation
- Past Board member of Global Network Foundation
- Chair, Belcourt Theatre Capital Campaign; Founding Chair and former Board member, Belcourt YES!
- Former board member and past Chair, Nashville Wine Auction
- Former member, Board of Directors and Executive Committee of the Nashville Symphony Association; Chair, 2001-2002 Annual Fundraising Campaign
- Active in the United Way, twice serving on the Cockrill Cabinet and member, Tocqueville Society
- U.S. Global Leadership Coalition
- Baord member, Local Organizing Committee for the 2022 Toyota US Figure Skating Championships
- Alumnus, Nashville Young Leaders Council
Read Chase's News & Insights
We want to hear from you.
Whether a current or prospective client, we are here to help your business thrive. Please send us a message and we will respond to your needs as soon as possible.