Regional and community banks leverage Waller's comprehensive team approach to tackle the planned and unexpected in a fiercely competitive market.
Waller's multi-disciplinary industry team of attorneys, litigators and tax advisors who focus on corporate, regulatory, finance and restructuring matters identify issues relevant to the industry and develop a comprehensive response to meet the needs of clients.
We provide counsel to banks and help them by offering:
- Regulation, transactions and finance services including governance and board counseling, and advice on initial and follow-on stock offerings, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory compliance and enforcement, rights offerings, and SEC reporting and compliance
- Corporate restructuring and bankruptcy services including advice on matters involving debtors in out of court workouts and bankruptcy cases, creditors' committees, Chapter 11 trustees, litigation trustees, and representation of indenture trustee and bondholder in bond defaults, distressed asset purchasers, lenders in bankruptcy proceedings and secured lender in loan defaults and workouts
- Commercial finance services including counsel regarding asset-based loans, bond and public finance transactions, debt, securities, high yield notes and capital market offerings, DIP financing, senior secured credit facilities, and subordinated debt and mezzanine financing
- Financial services litigation including commercial civil litigation; consumer class action litigation; fiduciary defense and ERISA litigation; internal and governmental investigations and examinations advice; probate, trust and estate litigation; securities fraud and shareholder derivative litigation
- Electronic payments and financial technology support including assistance with big-ticket merchant agreements, commercial civil litigation, consumer class action litigation, employment litigation, mergers and acquisitions, sponsorship agreements, referral agreements, regulatory and compliance enforcement, and sale and purchase of merchant portfolios
- Intellectual property assistance on matters regarding copyrights, dispute resolution, domain names, patents, services marks, software licensing, trade secrets and trademarks
- Labor and employment services including advice on employment agreement pitfalls, non-competition and non-solicitation provisions, customer lists, performance management and documentation, sexual harassment claims, whistleblowers, employee handbooks maintenance, labor and employment law developments, and corporate diversity policies and best practices