Life sciences companies from closely held emerging companies to publicly traded corporations with global operations rely on Waller for responsive, innovative legal counsel.
Life sciences is a broad industry sector marked by rapid technological advancements and innovation. Our attorneys are knowledgeable about this dynamic industry and are involved in regional conferences and organizations geared toward the development of medical device, pharmaceutical and other life science companies, including Memphis BioWorks' Zeroto510 program, Life Sciences Tennessee, the Association of University Technology Managers and the Musculoskeletal New Ventures Conference.
Companies look to Waller for assistance in:
- Helping commercialize significant new products and technologies through representation in a wide range of capital raising activities, including venture capital, private equity, commercial finance transactions, and preferred stock and other securities offerings
- Representing companies in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and other strategic corporate transactions
- Assisting clients in the negotiation of strategic licensing arrangements and technology transfer agreements for the development, manufacturing, packaging, marketing and distribution of pharmaceutical products and medical devices
- Securing distribution rights for generic and branded products, including numerous cross-border arrangements between companies based in the United States, Canada, Central and South America, Europe, Asia, China, India and Australia
- Obtaining and defending patents for pharmaceutical products, medical devices and testing processes
- Assisting life science clients in negotiating clinical research and development agreements
- Defending pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in product liability disputes
- Providing counsel on matters including Medicare reimbursement issues, government investigations, and other fraud and abuse questions
- Designing, developing and implementing compliance programs