Waller's Labor and Employment team regularly represents employers in labor matters, serving as an advocate for our clients when dealing with the most powerful unions and labor organizations.
Waller attorneys immerse themselves in employers' businesses, helping them proactively develop a strategy of checks and balances to minimize labor and employment disputes and conflicts.
Among other services, Waller attorneys:
- Counsel management on union avoidance techniques and help companies with legal and strategic issues during election campaigns, representation elections, and collective bargaining negotiations
- Represent employers before the National Labor Relations Board, in-labor arbitrations under collective bargaining agreements and in other labor-related litigation
- Work with clients to develop and implement bargaining goals, proposals and strategies
- Assist in dealing with counter strikes, picketing and boycotting activity, along with illegal strike activities
- Develop effective training programs on topics, including wage and hour regulations, sexual harassment and discrimination
- Assist clients in drafting employment contracts, policies and manuals, including arbitration agreements, drug and alcohol testing policies, employee handbooks, leave policies and non-compete agreements