When confronted with regulatory enforcement actions and civil litigation brought by local, state and federal government agencies and other interested parties, clients turn to Waller's environmental group for advice and counsel given our experience, efficiency and focus on the end goal.
Waller has years of experience and success in vigorously advocating for our clients on a variety of environmental litigation matters, including defending citizen suits, government enforcement actions and complex tort actions arising from contamination claims.
That experiences includes:
- Challenging scientifically unsupported expert witness testimony
- Addressing questions of causation and damages
- Prosecuting cost recovery actions for clients
- Defending against government and Potentially Responsible Party (PRP) cost recovery actions under Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA) Sections 107 and 113
- Negotiating consent decrees and de minimis settlements
- Resolving impacted sites under various federal and state Superfund or voluntary cleanup programs
- Representing PRPs on site steering committees and in all aspects of management of site remediation, defending CERCLA Section 106 actions and dealing with the potential listing of sites on the National Priorities List (NPL)
- Defending clients on regulatory matters and enforcement actions under all major federal environmental laws, including the Clean Air Act (CAA), Clean Water Act (CWA), Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)