Because we provide comprehensive assistance related to real estate, finance and lending, government relations, environmental challenges, land use planning and zoning, economic development, and incentives and construction, developers rely on our diverse team of attorneys to bring their ideas from the drawing board to the ground-breaking.
Nashville and its surrounding communities are a hotbed of commercial, residential and mixed-use development. Our attorneys have played a key role in many of the highest profile real estate development projects throughout Middle Tennessee.
With one of the largest teams of real estate attorneys in Tennessee supporting a national real estate practice, Waller assists clients engaged in all aspects of real estate acquisition, development, leasing, financing and investing and complex high-stakes transactions.
We provide counsel in a wide array of areas including:
- Acquisitions, dispositions and refinancing
- Project development and finance for both public and private projects
- Tax and incentive-based financing opportunities, including BIDs (Business Improvement Districts), FASTTRACK incentives, local/state legislation, PILOT agreements, special assessment districts, targeted privilege tax assessments, TDZ (Tourist Development Zones) and TVA energy assistance grants
- Economic developing and incentives
- Negotiating complex joint ventures and multi-tiered ownership structures
- Land use and zoning
- Review, preparation and negotiation of contracts and agreements in all stages, including architectural design, construction and development, and property management
- Commercial leasing for both landlords and tenants