Healthcare businesses today face an environment in which regulatory issues can quickly spiral into government investigations or enforcement actions. Waller's seasoned attorneys help clients respond to government inquiries with strategies aimed at minimizing—or completely avoiding— penalties, negative publicity and disruptions to their core business operations.
Enforcement Defense and Investigations
Known as tireless workers and zealous advocates, Waller has successfully represented healthcare facilities and systems, boards of directors, and individual executives in federal, state, and local regulatory and enforcement matters.
Waller’s healthcare enforcement defense and investigations attorneys are noted for:
- Extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry and the healthcare enforcement environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and sincere interest in our clients' successes
- Frequently representing clients in government investigations by the Department of Justice, the Department of Health and Human Services, the Office of the Inspector General (OIG), the Food and Drug Administration, and state Attorneys General
- Extensive experience conducting internal investigations for healthcare companies and providing counsel on corporate compliance issues and voluntary disclosures
- Deep knowledge and litigation experience in False Claims Act cases
- Effective relationships with enforcement agencies including the U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Attorney’s Offices across the country, OIG’s Office of Counsel to the Inspector General, and various state Medicaid Fraud Control Units
- Successfully defending numerous clients against Medicare and Medicaid Fraud and False Claims Act charges
Crisis situations often are chaotic, highly adversarial, and extremely fast-paced. In such situations, the business event must be acknowledged for what it is. To address a crisis, you don't just need advice, you need a strategy. Combining experience in government, politics, and the media with extensive legal skill, Waller’s team of crisis management attorneys have depth of experience and knowledge about the healthcare industry, enabling them to serve as key strategic advisors in any high-pressure or high-profile situation.